Water Heater Installation & Repair in Boise
Servicing Water Heaters in Meridian & Surrounding Areas
Plumbing Solutions of Idaho installs, repairs, and services all types of water heaters in Boise, Meridian, and surrounding areas. Since 2005, we have provided fast and friendly service at competitive prices. Water heaters are a necessity, and our technicians offer quality products and exceptional service to ensure a steady supply of hot water for your home or business.
What to Look for When Buying a New Water Heater
Depending on the model, water heaters generally last from 12 to 15 years with regular maintenance and good water quality. A water heater that is not regularly maintained in a home with hard water won’t last as long. Whenever the time comes for a new unit, we can help you select the best model for your home and install it for you.
Important aspects to consider in the selection process include:
- Tank size – Standard water tanks range from 30 to 80 gallons. You need a tank that is large enough to supply enough hot water for your needs.
- Energy source – Water heaters can be powered by electricity, natural gas, propane, or solar power. Consider the fuel source and availability when buying a new water heater.
- Energy efficiency – The energy efficiency rating is important in the selection process for many homeowners. A more energy-efficient water heater can save money on your utility costs.
- Price – It is important to consider both the installation price and the operating cost to understand the total cost of a water heater. For example, a more energy-efficient water heater that costs a little more may save a lot on your utility bills.
At Plumbing Solutions of Idaho, we work with all major brands of water heaters in Idaho. We even offer tankless water heater options! Our fully-trained staff of plumbers has the knowledge and expertise needed to perform the installation to your complete satisfaction. When you choose our local company, you can expect great service and great value.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
Our goal is to provide the best solution to every situation. If we are able to repair your water heater at an affordable price, we will get it done for you as quickly as possible. Generally, if a water heater isn’t too close to the end of its natural life or just needs a part replaced, such as a heating element or thermostat, repair is a viable option.
Some common signs that your water heater may be in need of repairs include:
- Strange noises coming from the tank
- Rust-colored water
- Strange smelling water
- Hot water running out faster than normal
- Water leaking from the tank
We know that you want the hot water restored right away since so much of daily life depends on it. Our plumbers are available for same-day service for problems with water heaters in Boise. In addition, we accept after-hour calls and emergency calls.
The water in the Boise area tends to be hard and contains an abundance of minerals. If a water heater is not properly serviced, these minerals will build up inside the water heater and shorten its lifespan. This includes flushing the tank to remove any sediment and mineral buildup. Regular preventative maintenance allows problems to be detected early when they are easier to fix and maximizes the life of your water heater.
Tips to Maintain Your Water Heater
A few things that you will want to check regularly are the pressure release valve, the amount of sediment in the tank, and the anode rod. Before beginning your maintenance if you have a gas heater, turn off the gas valve that feeds the burner, and if you use an electric heater look for the breaker to turn off the electricity.
- The first step is to close the valves that fill the tank.
- You will begin by testing the pressure release valve. The release valve is designed to fail before the tank does as not to damage the tank. Pull the lever on the valve to release water and vapor; then the valve needs to be replaced.
- There are dirt and deposits in the tank from the water that settles on the bottom and these cause rust, corrosion, and reduce energy efficiency and clog the water line. To clean these out flush your water heater every six months. To drain, attach a water hose to the water heater drain (near the base) and drain into a bucket. Once the water runs clear, then the tank is free of sediment.
- The next step is to make sure your anode rod is in good shape. The anode rod collects particles that cause corrosion inside the tank. The anode rod is made of aluminum or magnesium. If it is past its prime, it will no longer attract particles and needs to be replaced. The rod is factory installed, so it will need to be replaced by a plumber.
- The last step is to reopen the valves and refill the tank before turning on your heating element. Otherwise, you will burn out the heating element.
Maintaining a water heater is an excellent way to extend the life of your water heater and only needs to be done every six months to a year. If you have any questions about water heaters or plumbing, we are Boise’s best, call us at (208) 225-6686 today!
Call (208) 225-6686 for quality water heaters in Boise and friendly, professional service.
Green Plumbing Solutions
We can help you incorporate all kinds of energy-efficient fixtures into your home including include high-efficiency toilets, faucets, showerheads, tankless water heaters and more!
Same Day Appointments
Don't wait any longer! We can solve your problem today. Give us a call now at (208) 225-6686 to work with Idaho's Plumber! We can't wait to serve you.
Not only do we provide superior plumbing services, we also do it at a competitive price! Contact us today for your free estimate or to ask us about financing options.
Fully Trained Staff of Plumbers
Our team is professional, efficient, reliable, and equipped to provide solutions to all of your plumbing problems.
Considerate of Your Home
When we're in your home, we treat it like our own! We use drop cloths to keep your home clean and always leave the job sparkling!
24 Hour Emergency Service
Plumbing problems don't wait for a convenient time to appear. Call us no matter the day or time and we'll be there to help!