New Home Installation
Building a home is a set of complicated tasks that involves various elements. One main task in making a new home is to estimate the cost of various things, such as estimated cost of the plumbing installation. If you want to know the cost of plumbing for your new house, you will know the complexities that you can run into.
- Square Footage Cost:
Costing of plumbing is much more than footage, but you can get a rough idea of your cost with the help of square foot area of your house. According to researches, in 2012, per square cost of plumbing in USA was about $4. It may be as high as $5/square foot in some states. If you have relevant license and experience, you can run the plumbing yourself and save up to 50% money.
- Exact Estimate of Plumbing Cost:
Every project is different, and the real cost of plumbing could be far more than the square footage average. For instance, if you are building a two story house, there would be almost double amount of work as compared to the single story. Professional installers usually add extra amount to cover the additional work.
Existing Home Plumbing
If you are not building a new home, but you have some plumbing jobs to be done in your existing home, you better call a plumber to prevent any major damage. The professional plumbers can charge something in the range of $75 to $150 per hour. Charges also depend upon the required job and complexity involved. Some factors that affect the plumbing costs are:
- Quality and number of fixtures involved in the job.
- Time required to complete the job, and time when it is needed to be done. Weekends, after work hour emergencies, and on holidays, it will obviously cost more.
- Many plumbers and plumbing companies charge an upfront fee to show up. This fee can later be adjusted to the cost of the job done.
- Lowest charging companies could be a trap. They may quote less amount for the job, but then charge you extra for “equipment fee” and other surprise charges.
- Make sure that you are hiring the services of a licensed plumber. If it’s a normal clog removing job, then its fine, but more complex jobs should be addressed by a licensed plumber.
Tips to Avoid Plumbing Problems:
There are some simple tips that can save you a lot of money by preventing some minor plumbing problems. These tips are:
- You should know the main source from where you can turn water off
- Don’t ever use any sort of flushable wipes (baby or cosmetic)
- Don’t hang anything on your water pipe
- Always find a licensed plumber. Cheap non-licensed plumbers can seem easy, but you may end up in spending hundreds of dollars because mistakes or code violations.
Follow these easy tips, and you can save a big amount of money on your plumbing maintenance. Visit our home page for more information on Plumbing Installation in Boise.
By Tim Smith
Published: July 31, 2017