As with any industry or profession, a few bad apples can make things difficult for everyone. If you've had a bad service experience, you probably learned a few things you could pass on to friends and family. We've been there, and we know the feeling.
Here are a few tips to help when it comes to finding a great plumber. They're all just common sense, and will actually come in handy when seeking out any type of professional service technician. Feel free to refer back to them, whether you need help with your home's plumbing system or a new roof overhead.
1. Check for professional licensing and/or certification. A good plumber won't be cagey about sharing this with you. In fact, he'll probably provide this information to you upfront, long before you ask.
2. Ask for references. A good plumber will be happy to share references. You can also check for feedback on Facebook pages and/or websites. Here's one from our Facebook page that put a smile on our faces: "These guys are awesome!! Very efficient and professional—they even come on Christmas!!!"
3. Find out how long they've been in business. If someone's been around long enough to have a presence in your community, that's a good sign. Be wary of scammers who solicit your business by knocking on your front door. That's a classic warning sign that you're about to get ripped off. (Don't be fooled by a flashy pickup truck sitting in front of your house!)
4. Compare apples to apples. If you're getting more than one bid, don't assume the lowest is the best. You may be getting shoddy work for your money. Find out what's included in that low bid, and what justification the other company gives for their higher amount.
5. Ask for the specifics when it comes to guarantees. A reputable company will be happy to tell you about their customer satisfaction policy. There's nothing worse than finding out too late that a supposed "guarantee" has so many loopholes that it's really more like a moving target.
Plumbing Solutions of Idaho has a policy of going above and beyond industry standards to bring you the best possible service and equipment. Contact us today for fast, professional service!